💪 A challenge to raise awareness
I spend quite a few hours on the snow every year and I’m very grateful 🙏 that I can do one of my favourite sports quite often. However I’m aware that is not always easy for everyone and I know a friend who faced a bigger obstacle.
Lola, a good friend of mine, has been fundraising for a sit-ski to have the opportunity to skiing. So far she has reached roughly 50% of the money that she would need to buy it and I wanted to help with this and see more people enjoying sports and nature
I wanted to create an event to challenge myself to ski up ↗️ and down ↘️ a slope during 24h and create awareness for a good cause. So with this in mind I started to dream how I could make it possible and I’m happy that the event will come to life.
Please join Lola and me on this challenge in Grächen. Thank you to Lola’s sponsors we will have a raffle with the products that they have donated for this event. Anyone who joins us during that day in Grächen can participate and win.
The event is planned
- Start @Last Friday 2:00 PM (GMT+1)
- End of the 24h @Last Saturday 2:00 PM (GMT+1)
- Raffle @Last Saturday 2:30 PM (GMT+1) in Familien-Bergrestaurant Hannigalp
The resort who helps us to bring this idea to reality is Grächen.
👥 Restaurant where to find us
📌 Slope where the 24h happens Slope 3: Grächen-Hannigalp (2.57kms ➡️, 500m ⬆️)
📣 How to follow the event
Social media channels
⏲️ Event details
- 🎿 24h skimo event going up ↗️ and down ↘️ a slope in Grächen
- 🎰 Raffle at the end of the event for the people who join us in Grächen (with some material from sponsors)
- 📣 Give awareness about the cause of the event
👀 How I envision it…
- I’ll arrive to Grächen during Thursday, have a good rest eat very early and try to sleep a bit before the event.
- At 1pm, I’ll head to the start and visit the head of security and prepare everything to start.
- I’ll start at 2pm the 24h challenge
🌙 The night
- After 3-4 hours, the night will come and then will come what I anticipate to be the toughest part of the challenge; ~13h of darkness, however it will be with full moon 🌕 .
- During the night Tijana and Mathieu (who are residents) could support me in case of help is needed or any emergency that can happen.
- Spare jackets, gloves will be available if I feel cold.
☀️ The day
- Sunrise 🌄 is expected around 7:00am. Changing clothes with the sunrise to remove humidity and salt from the clothes should make me feel warmer. The sun ☀️ should make me feel better.
- Some friends and people who are aware of the event might tag along for either up hill or downhill or just to say hello 👋.
- This second half of the challenge should be more motivational with friends and daylight.
- At 3pm I’ll finish and head to where we have organized the base to join the raffle for the people who has tagged along.
🎰 The raffle
🕞 2:30-3pm 📌 Familien-Bergrestaurant Hannigalp
We will do a raffle with the products that Lola’s sponsors have donated for anyone who joins us during the event in the resort (no need to do and up and down 😉).
Lola’s sponsors have donated the following products for the raffle
- Camp 1x women downjacket 🧥
- Camp 1x backpack 🎒
- Camp 1x harness 🧗♂️
- Camp 1x pair of gloves 🧤
- elleerre 10x hats 🧢
- elleerre 10x socks 🧦
- Grivel 200x neck gaiters 🧣
🔚 The closing
- 🙏 Thank all the people
- 👝 Pick up the stuff
- 🍻 Cheers with people around (I hope to have energy ⚡)
- 😴 Rest